How can we help you?
Our members have a variety of services available to tackle food poverty...
Many of our member organisations have closed their doors for safety reasons during the pandemic.
The Bridge (East Midlands) is working closely with Charnwood Borough Council and John Storer House to ensure support is available in these challenging times, working within Government guidelines.
If you are experiencing hardship and need support with food, please contact our team at The Bridge (East Midlands) on 08000385964.
We will update this page with Covid-19 Individual Service Updates when organisations and projects decide to re-open their doors.
Covid-19 Individual Service Updates:
- Project 5000 has successfully trialed a 'takeaway' style operation.
They now intend to offer hot food from the Old Church Hall at Emmanuel at 8pm on Monday evenings for the foreseeable future.
- PACE Foodbank will be re-opening from 30th July in it's new location on Belton Road West.
- Falcon Centre are again offering free breakfasts to rough sleepers on Mondays, Thursday and Fridays, 9:30am-11am. Sandwiches provided at these times on Tuesdays and Wednesdays where possible. Hot drinks are available and basic food parcels are available when stocks allow.
- The United Reformed Church on Frederick St has now re-opened it Soup Kitchen, Sundays 6:45pm-8pm.
- The Loughborough Area Foodbank at New Life Church is now open Mondays 10am-1pm, Wednesdays 6:30-8:30pm and Fridays 10am-1pm.
There are no deliveries and an appointment/voucher is necessary to control numbers: find out more here.
Under normal circumstances...
Food Parcels are available from:
Hot Food is available from:
Clothes, laundry and hot showers are available from:
Who is eligible?
Our different member organisations may have varying criteria, but in most cases, any community member who is experiencing food poverty will be able to access food provided by the Charnwood Food Poverty Group.
For more information in regards to eligibility criteria for each organisation (and, for example, organisations which require a voucher) please contact the organisation directly.